In this tutorial Learn how to Download and Install Visual Studio 2019. First we will look at the System Requirement for Visual Studio 2019. Next we will show you how to download Visual Studio 2019 & Finally we will learn how to Install Visual Studio 2019.
The download and installation process is very much simple and similar to the download and installation of Visual Studio 2017 . You can run both 2017 and Visual Studio 2019 side by side.
The Visual Studio 2019 is currently in the Preview mode. The Community, Professional & Enterprise Editions are not yet available
System Requirement for Visual Studio 2019
- Minimum Version 1703
- Editions Supported Home, Professional, Education & Enterprise
- (LTSC and S are not supported)
Windows Server 2016
- Editions Supported: Standard & Data Center
- Install the Update: 2919355
- Editions Supported: Core, Professional and Enterprise
Windows Server 2012 R2
- Install the Update: 2919355
- Supported Editions: Essentials, Standard, Datacenter
Windows 7 SP1
- Editions Supported: Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate
These are the minimum hardware requirements to run Visual Studio 2019
- You need a 1.8 GHz or faster processor.
- A Quad-core Processor or better
- Minimum 2 GB of RAM. But 8 GB of RAM recommended
- Complete Installation takes around 210 GB of Hard disk space.
- For HDD Speed & Performance, Install Visual Studio 2019 & Windows OS on SSD Drive
- The Minimum display resolution of 720p (1280 by 720). Display resolution of WXGA (1366 by 768) or higher is recommended.
- Dot net Framework 4.5: Download link.
- Administrator rights are required to install Visual Studio
- Internet Explorer 11 or Edge is required for internet-related scenarios
Download Visual Studio 2019
You can download it from https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/preview/
Install Visual Studio 2019
1. Installing the prerequisites
Before beginning installation, install the following prerequisites
Make sure you have dotnet framework 4.5 is installed You can download it from the following link
If you are on Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2, you need to install the update 2919355
2. Download Visual Studio 2019
You can download it from the link https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/preview/
3. Starting Installation
Double-click on the downloaded file to begin installation
You will be asked for permission to continue. Click on Yes to continue with the installation.
4. Software License Terms
Next, you will be asked to accept the software License terms and Privacy Statement. Click on continue to go ahead with the installation.
5. Installer Downloads the required files
The Installer fetches the required files to install the Visual Studio 2017. This process will take few minutes
6. Choose what to install
The Installer will ask for the features you wish to install. You have four options here
- Individual Components
- Language Packs
- Installation Location
Now, click on the Install button to begin Installation of Visual Studio 2019.
If you are installing Visual Studio for the first time you will be asked to sign in
Visual Studio 2019 is expected to release around first half of 2019.